Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hello Out There!

Today is Sunday - we went to church, I subed in Primary and taught the 11 yr old class again - they are too fun to teach. We have combined the Spanish branch in the area back into our ward - just the primary and youth programs. It is wonderful - they have such strong spirits and they add a lot to the different classes.

Yesterday - Sam took Daniel to his Cross Country Invitational (there is a long title but I can't remember) - He had to be there 3 hours before he ran - so Sam dropped him off and came back home. I went yard saling at the minute and let's see.....2 tops for me, 2 pair of pants for me, 2 skirts for me (ME ME ME...Ann Taylor, Banana Republic just to drop a few brand names....)got a lot of shampoo, chapstick (new)...let me explain. There is a lady in town that shops the sales with coupons and is able to get a lot of stuff free - she has yard sales periodically and sells stuff cheap that is new. I also got a brand new Vidal Sasoon hair dryer with an infuser --- bright pink! Daniel a couple of pair of shorts, shoes for Ryan, tennis shorts for Abigail, Listerine for Sam (again new $2 for the big bottle...usually $4.99) what deals! There was a large set of the Christmas Village (the North Pole) she was selling a lot - I should have bought it but in the back of my mind I kept thinking of all the Christmas stuff I have (it literally looks like Christmas throws up in my house) and I really shouldn't keep adding to it....but I should have bought it - I love Christmas decorations. Then we went to Daniel XC meet - he did very well - not first - but in the middle and I think he improved his time. Then we came home and Abigail and I went with J-9 to HT to hook up on some MORE deals...I know I know....how many deals can one girl have in a day? But with J-9 and Abigail with me we spent $22 and bought over $100 worth of food.

Then I went to the gym.....last week a lady fell off the treadmill - I laughed at her...guess what I fell of yesterday (pay back is what....?). I was so embarrassed - people ran over "Are you alright? Can we get you some ice? ON AND ON I was like "I am fine - totally - really - please I am fine" TO add a little more embarrassment to the story I walked in with a HUGE diet coke...because I really didn't want to be there but if I was there I was going to get through an hour and half on the treadmill (did I mention I had a lot of fun and FOOD while I was in Utah?) I was going to be drinking a diet coke. So there you go - moral of the story --- never laugh at anyone else because you know it will be you next time!

Sheila and I drove Austin and Daniel to Winston-Salem (which is about a good hour and half away) to a dance. Yes ---we love our boys. We dropped them off and then drove another half hour to have a delicious dinner with Sheila's sister and husband - then back another half hour to retrieve out boys and back to Raleigh. It was a long day - but good.

This week -
1 tennis match (she won!)
XC
DRIVING
Muse Stuff
Creche meetings
Ryan ran and lost for Freshman class president. We were so proud - a small Asian boy won - Ryan said "He was so little and cute that I almost voted for him."

Michael's email gave us a cool story about him saving a man from drowning. He and another missionary dove into a lake to save a man who was drowning. He said that they hesitated for a second - thinking they weren't supposed to get in the water but then no one else went in so they dove in and swam out and saved the man. The mission President said that he was proud of them and they did just what they should have.

More later - hungry people are descending on me!

5 comments:

  1. might I add...just don't drink Diet Coke! ;)
    I need yard sales in MO like they do in NC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool story with Michael--he's a hero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donald said Michael and his companion were "fishers of men".... hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are funny! I can just picture the whole gym scene. I have been texting Megan and no responses does she not get text or just not like me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright auntie you need to update! Its almost been 2 months since you have updated us on your life! I know your busy but please!!

    ReplyDelete